Monday, October 6, 2008

Home Blessing Day



Monday is Home Blessing Day, or so says the Flylady. I spend most of the day on Mondays cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. The following is what I've accomplished today:

  1. Dusted living and dining rooms
  2. Vacuumed
  3. Cleaned kitchen counter tops
  4. Cleaned guest bathroom (sink, toilet and tub)
  5. Wash all rugs

I've also gone grocery shopping, started dinner (pinto beans, brown rice, corn and home made cornbread...YUMMY!), packed and put away clothes that the little man can't fit into anymore, walked two miles, and started crocheting a table runner with a really cool variegated yarn in autumn colors.

As you can see, I've been a bit busy.

Basically I'm trying to catch up from this weekend. Little man and I went to visit my parents, which is always a blast! He has so much fun with his Marmie and PawPaw and I love getting to see him interact with them. It's so cute. The downside to these trips is because they live so far away (2.5 hour drive) it's an affair that literally takes up the entire weekend. Which, of course, puts me behind on my cleaning.

Tomorrow's agenda is as follows:

  • Vacuum little man's room
  • Mop floor in guest bathroom
  • Scrub tile (with machine)
  • Dust office
  • Little man's laundry
The cleaning never ends. I try my best to follow the Flylady's system. My mother-in-law was even kind enough to pick up the Flylady calendar for me as a gift last Christmas, which is really nice. It came with a pen and some neat stickers and has been a life saver.

Anyway I'm sure that I've bored you to death rambling on about my cleaning routine. I'm off to finish my beans.

No comments: